Thursday, May 31, 2012

Praise!

My day? 
Started out great!  Thank you for asking.


See, we read the last few chapters of Psalms this morning for our bible reading.  It is all about  PRAISE.


The very last verse of Psalms says:
Psalms 150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.  


Yep, that's how my day started.


But reading all that praise reminded me of a sermon - an amazing praise filled sermon.


S.M. Lockridge
That's my KING!


Have you heard it?


click the title (a link) and be uplifted-soar actually.


So what happened to me today after reading and listening to that message?
talked to my sister - nice to catch up.
texted with my brothers - nice also.
found out on of my favorite high school teacher's son had died horrifically over the weekend - sad.
store very slow - bad.
disobedient children - ugh.
more things to do that time to do them - frustrating.
Ephraim's heart twin had foot movement for the first time since birth (7 years) - spectacular.
but 
praise God - he is my King.


Praising helps me maintain a positive attitude through it all.  This week I have experience many ups and downs, my own and other people's.  I try to always focus on Jesus.  


Praise God, He is my King.  He is there for me.  Day or night.  Rain or shine.  Never changing.  


Yep, I'll be ok because I will praise God.


How about you?  What does praising God bring you through?

No comments: