Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Overwhelmed

Jim and Yonas enjoying some strawberry shortcake.
Yonas is my friend from Ethiopia.  I'm not really sure how my husband was first introduced to him, but he has become close to Jim and me.  He has been in the states for 11 years and speaks English very well with a thick accent.  


Yonas and Jim share the same vision on ministry.  We've never met anyone like him.  He truly carries his cross to serve Jesus-all for God's glory.  


And can Yonas pray.  He prays like no one I've ever heard pray in my life.  


When Yonas begins "Fawser Gahd, Hallelujah...."  The Holy Spirit visits and does not leave. He speaks to his Abba Father earnestly and lovingly.  God hears Yonas' pray.  I can give you testimony of personal prayers that God has answered through him over and over again even in the short time I've known him.


We meet on Wednesday nights to fellowship and pray together.


We've been doing this for about 2 months.  The more I get to know him, the more amazing God becomes to me.  God speaks to his heart and he is so eager to share because no one puts their light under a bushel.


Yonas gets out of the way to be an instrument for God, by God.


I was overwhelmed with something tonight though. 


He belongs to a prayer group on the phone.  I really don't understand the hows or whys or anything, but tonight he was testifying that the group is praying around the clock, around the world.


Get this.....


A group
of people
across
the face
of the
earth
right now
is praying 
for 
YOU!


Think about that.  Pretty neat, if you ask me.


A person in London could be participating in a teleconference prayer meeting praying with a person in New Guinea and a person in California right this very moment in unison for you - for me.


Most of the time, I have a hard time getting past praying for my own little family.  


Lord God, give me a heart to pray, not just for myself and my own needs but to remember people across the globe that you love.  Let my words minister to your ears the honoring of your Son.



No comments: