Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Thank You For Trauma.

On Monday, I posted a fb status like: I feel like I could use some comfort food.  I don't know why because I'm not usually like that. ...."


While I was wanting some homemade mac-n-cheese....
really....
I could taste it.....


My father was is crisis.


He has an accident that could have killed him.


He was mowing with the tractor and was thrown.  


Thankfully....
The mower was unengaged....


Thankfully...
he came away with just some trauma.


Just some trauma?
Yes, I am thankful for trauma.


Have you ever seen a bush hog?  Operate?


In case you haven't, it is a rotating blade that is meant to cut bush.  I've cut saplings with mine without thought.


Imagine what that would do to a man?


Where did it run over him?


Head to toe.


Yeah, I'm happy and thankful for trauma.


He has a broken vertebrae, clavicle and scapula.  He'll have a long recovery.  But that all is better than chopped.


So, I'm thankful.


My meditation for Monday was:
Isaiah 40:13-14
Who has understood the mind of the Lord,
or instructed him as his counselor?
14 Whom did the Lord consult to enlighten him,
and who taught him the right way?
Who was it that taught him knowledge
or showed him the path of understanding?


 God is in control.

And I know that if God had given a different outcome he would still be in control.  There is peace in that a great deal of peace.

It's ok to ask God about it.  It is ok to ask why.  Why the inoperable cancer for the young child?  Why do this one grow up without enough food to eat?  He's not afraid of those questions, but prepare yourself for the answer. 

God told Job to stand up and take it like a man.  You can read about that here in "Cow Girl Up."  

Honestly, If we are Christ-like, would we not pray "not my will, but your's, Oh, God."

I think so.

Thank you, Father, for your mercies.  Thank you for your tenderness.  Thank you for allowing me to experience your great power and help me to understand that life isn't about what I want, but building your kingdom.  When I don't understand, point me back to the fact that you are holy and righteous never making a mistake. Thank you for the peace to know that no matter what happens you have the outcome fully in hand.  Thank you for the trauma.  I love you.

No comments: