Saturday, April 28, 2012

Forgot Again!

Ok, I fill in occasionally in children's church for the teacher.  Lately it's been every other weekend, but we got catty wompus with the recent holidays.  So this was a week I was to teach and forgot.  Grrrrr to me for not using that dull pencil and relying on that sharp memory.

Well, I'm drawing on recent meditations and praying and praying and praying.

Esther keeps coming to my mind.  My kids will love it.  I tell the story with animation as we climb into our time machine and travel backward to tell the story.  I do so love to make them smile as I bring bible stories to life.  You should hear them all say "don-kay"!  

Who can think of Esther and not think "for such a time as this."?

I wasted a lot of time and energy wishing that I were someone else, some where else on some other time line.  I dreamed I was Scarlett in Gone With the Wind - I was suited for civil war times.

Finally in my 30s, a sunday school teacher taught a lesson about that very subject, but from other scripture.  God didn't put us in pioneer days or victorian days or civil war days; He put us in this day.  

That was profoundly eye opening for me, but then again I am a little slow on the up-take sometimes.  How I wish that someone along the way would have given me that gentle nudge earlier.

Now spending the rest of the night in prayer.  

My Lord and God, Humble me to present Your word to young and tender souls.  Open ears and hearts to receive what you would have them learn.  Amen.

No comments: